The Anabolic/Anti-Catabolic Compound of Methoxyisoflavone
A compound part of the flavone family, 5-methyl-7-methoxyisoflavone promotes increases of lean muscle mass and oxygen usage by the body without androgenic side effects and taxing organs while also promoting fat-loss and lowered cholesterol levels. After being locked up by a patent for over 20 years (Chinoin -US Patent # 4,163,746), this compound slowly began to make it’s way into the fitness community, but many are still unaware of it’s potent effects without the negatives as compared to anabolic steroids. Here we will breakdown how this flavones operates to make you bigger, stronger, and more lean.
How it Was Discovered and What are the Benefits?
Researchers actually discovered this compound when they were looking for a nutrient partitioning agent that would take nutrients away from adipose tissue (fat) and towards muscle tissue for use of meat production.They developed and tested many compounds over the years until they isolated and administered Ipriflavone, which was the first flavone to be discovered. This was ground breaking as they discovered a multitude of beneficial effects :
- “Right off the bat the patent outlines the flavone's ability to promote weight-gain and anabolism in it's composition.
- The results of the animal studies that were conducted are quite dramatic! For one thing, nitrogen retention increased (one of the primary actions of anabolic steroids), regardless of the species used. Add that nice attribute to the further finding that Ipriflavone produced no estrogenic side-effects and actually no negative effects in endocrine tissue at all, and you've got an extraordinary substance on your hands. The animals (rats, mice, chickens and so on), regardless of age, or dosage had no signs of changes in their endocrine systems. The animals just grew more muscular-with no negative impact on testosterone, testicular shrinkage, or aromatization-all possible anabolic steroid side effects. Verification of these finding was done when many of the animals were dissected. It was found that no androgenic side effects occurred, yet muscle tissue grew larger. The levator ani muscle (a large pelvic diaphragm muscle) went up in weight, while the seminal vesicles remained the same. If the seminal vesicles had changed, this would show androgenic side-effects, but there was no difference.
- The cortisol-suppressing action of Ipriflavone also impressed researchers. In fact, identical doses of anabolic steroids did not have as good of effects on cortisol suppression as did Ipriflavone. Basically, the cattle, pigs, rabbits, and poultry when fed Ipriflavone-enriched feed at a dosage of 2 grams per 100kg increased in lean body mass at an incredible 7%-20%! To put this in perspective, think of a 200 pound bodybuilder adding an extra 10% or so of lean body mass?20 more pounds of muscle! The animals were given Ipriflavone for a period ranging from 1 to 4 months, while their diet was not changed. In other words, calorie intake does not necessarily have to be increased in order to maintain the gains in mass due to the increased efficiency in processing food.
- Another test was conducted to determine actual differences in strength and endurance in which animals were weighed down with an additional 3 grams per 100 grams of bodyweight in a swimming test forced to exhaustion. Over a 45 day period, calories were kept the same for both the Ipriflavone-consuming and non-Ipriflavone-consuming groups. The results speak for themselves: the animals on Ipriflavone were able to swim for 33 minutes longer than the untreated animals before going under for good! This conclusive experiment shows the incredible ergogenic effects of this potent anabolic compound. Ipriflavone dramatically increases endurance!
- Yet another study indicated the level of anabolic activity of Ipriflavone by measuring the effect on calcium and phosphate retention; minerals indicative of such activity. The dosage used was 20 mg per kilogram of bodyweight. Guess what? Calcium and phosphorus retention increased significantly, which is one of the main reasons many countries are using it to treat osteoporosis. Even in conditions of osteoporosis, bone mass has been shown to increase.
- The human studies conducted with wasting patients showed an increase in lean body weight anywhere between 2 to 3 kilograms in merely a few weeks on Ipriflavone. The anabolic effects are apparently not confined to just animals, but are extraordinary in humans as well. The safety of Ipriflavone was confirmed on animals when mega-doses where given to them. Up to 4000 mg per kilogram were applied with absolutely zero side effects. Rather, they just gained more lean muscle!
- The final test was conducted on nitrogen retention because as you know, a positive nitrogen balance is the key to dramatically increasing muscle growth. The findings were based on the test results on the 20th to 30th day of the study. Nitrogen excretion was lowered by a considerable amount, confirming the power and anabolism of Ipriflavone” (Clayton South)1
What About 5-Methyl-7-Methoxyisoflavone?
The preliminary discovery of Ipriflavone lead researchers to develop this even more anabolic compound. They studied this compound at the same time of Ipriflavone and the scientific evidence they found that this compound was highly anabolic was actually concrete enough that they were actually able to obtain a patent for it. The research on this specific compound lead to the following results:
- “In the same levator ani test used for Ipriflavone, results confirmed that Methoxyisoflavone was more anabolic than both Ipriflavone and anabolic steroids! All the while, no androgenic side effects occurred whatsoever with Methoxyisoflavone.
- Again, regardless of species, lean body mass increased significantly within 30 days accompanied by an increased state of vitality; while producing no androgenic effects and no endocrine tissue alteration! In terms we can all appreciate, this compound has been shown to increase muscle mass and size, while also making you feel better.
- As with Ipriflavone, the human studies conducted yielded excellent results. Cortisol levels were reduced in wasting patients, while phosphorus, calcium, potassium, and nitrogen levels increased considerably. What does all this mean? Simple-More Muscle!
- From these studies, researchers have concluded that identical doses of anabolic steroids do not compare to Methoxyisoflavone in anabolism! Consider the differences... both cause muscle growth, but with Methoxyisoflavone the androgenic side effects are non-existent.” (-Clayton South)
By promoting nitrogen retention, which is one of the most important anabolic effects steroids offers as it leads to increases in protein synthesis, reducing detrimental cortisol levels, and even lowering cholesterol levels and increasing oxygen uptake, methoxyisoflavone has the ability to promote superior anabolic gains in the gym while also improving overall health.
The recommended dosage is anywhere from 100-800mg daily, with major positive effects reported at the lower dose. For those who have yet to experience methoxyisoflavone, it is almost guaranteed you’ll feel effects with doeses starting at the 100mg range.